Acidity is a common in every household today. Thanks to our unhealthy eating and drinking habits that impact our digestive system resulting in acidity. Before going ahead and talking about ways to curb acidity problems with the home remedies, let us first understand the condition.
Acidity is a health problem related to our digestive system. In this condition, there is an unnecessary discharge of acids by gastric glands of our stomach. Acidity in the stomach is the result of excess gastric acid production that may cause heartburn and other problems. Common causes of acidity are an unhealthy diet, long working hours, skipping meals or eating at odd times are some of the reasons because of which this problem occurs.
Popular home remedies for cure
- Drink buttermilk – surprisingly, buttermilk is a great way of curbing heartburn issues. All you need to do is drink a glass of buttermilk mixed with coriander and black pepper. Since buttermilk contains lactic acid; it immediately provides relief from acidity.
- Apple cider vinegar – The nature of apple cider vinegar is acidic and has an alkalizing effect that helps in treating acidity. Just have one or two teaspoons of raw vinegar during the time of acidity or you can have it once a day before meals.
- Basil leaves – Basil leaves have the calming and soothing effect that can provide immediate relief from acidity or nausea. Just crush some basil leaves and eat them raw during the time of acidity or you can even boil few leaves in water and drink the water frequently during the day.
- Cloves and cardamoms – crush equal amount of cloves and cardamom and eating them can help minimize acid trouble and even freshens bad breath that is usually an after effect of the problem. Cloves and cardamoms together can increase hydrochloric acid in the stomach that can help in acidity problems.
- Raw cold milk – Drink a glass of cold milk every night after meals will help in curbing acidity problems.
- Ginger – Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that help in treating acidity. The ginger juice aids in the neutralization of stomach acid. Drinking ginger water or chewing raw ginger slices will provide relief from acidity.
- Jaggery – Often people don’t eat jaggery because of its high degree of sweetness. But it has alkaline in the digestive system thereby reducing stomach acidity.
Hence, try out these home remedies next time when you are facing acidity troubles.